[R-sig-finance] Scatter Plots using R?

Pijus Virketis pvirketis at hbk.com
Fri Apr 8 22:03:29 CEST 2005

Jay,

Unless I am missing something that makes "scatter plot" graphs a
particular term of art in finance, wouldn't the good old plot() function
do all you require? As for "graphing R-squared", I am not quite sure
what you have in mind ... Do you mean literally printing the R^2 onto
the plot region? text() will do that. You could also put it in the title
area with title().

By the way, there does not seem to be anything about your questions that
is particular to finance, so you would probably do better to post to the
r-help list. I say that not because I mind answering, but rather because
a lot more people subscribe to r-help, and you'll get more extensive
help.

Cheers,

-P