[R-sig-finance] Computing implied volatility using fOptions

Kahra Hannu kahra at mpsgr.it
Mon Feb 21 10:27:40 CET 2005

Wojciech,

in the early 90s I wrote a working paper, where I studied the behavior of the implicit volatilities of the Finnish FOX index options (as a function of time to expiry). In some cases I got similar results. In those cases time to expiry was commonly less than a week. I reasoned that the prices implied negative volatilities. The market was quite young, inefficient and not very liquid.

Regards,
Hannu

Hannu Kahra
Progetti Speciali
Monte Paschi Asset Management SGR S.p.A.
Via San Vittore, 37
IT-20123 Milano, Italia

Tel.: +39 02 43828 754
Mobile: +39 333 876 1558