[R-sig-finance] status of the its package

Whit Armstrong Whit.Armstrong at tudor.com
Thu Dec 2 19:06:43 CET 2004

I'm the current maintainer of its.  I took over from Giles about a month
ago.  I should have a new release in the next few days.

I'm sure the zoo team will get back to you in a few minutes with a more
verbose answer regarding the differences between the two packages, but
briefly zoo allows flexibility in the dates one uses for the time series
while its forces POSIXct dates to be used.  Zoo is a great package and I
strongly encourage you to give both its and zoo a try.  There is no reason
not to use both since objects can be easily converted back and forth.

Regards,
Whit Armstrong