[R-sig-finance] hdf5

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Nov 6 01:19:46 CET 2004

Vadim,

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 11:14:17AM -0800, Vadim Ogranovich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anyone here on the list has an experience of doing research
> in an environment where historical market data is stored in hdf5 or
> netCdf formats. What are the pros and the cons comparing to RDBMS or
> ASCII?

Great question, and I have wondered about that too given that there are so
many scientific apps interfacing hdf5/cdf.  I don;t know of anything -- If
you find something, let us know!

Best regards, Dirk

--
If your hair is standing up, then you are in extreme danger.
      -- http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfp/cockpit-phys/fp1ex3.htm