[R-sig-finance] Posting on behalf of ...

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Sep 22 03:34:09 CEST 2004

... "Mitra, Abhijit (IM)" <Abhijit.Mitra at morganstanley.com> whose message
landed in my listmaster lap, presumably because he is not subscribed here:

  Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:23:53 -0400
  From: "Mitra, Abhijit (IM)" <Abhijit.Mitra at morganstanley.com>
  To: <r-sig-finance-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch>

  Can someone please help me what's the below code means (I have a very
  vague idea)  and where I can get some information on these commands

  cex=1.4),

  > superpanel=panel.pairs.hh, subpanel.scales=list(cex=.5),

  > cex=.7, panel.cex=1)

  NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does
  not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

These are obtions to lattice plots, and there is nothing 'finance'-specific
about them. See

  > library(lattice)
  > library(help=lattice)
  > help(Lattice)

as a start.

  > demo(lattice)

is also a good idea.  More specifically, the code above seems to set pairs
plots for each of the panels in a lattice plot, with specific option for
fonts size (cex does that).

Hope that helps, Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx