[R-sig-finance] diffusion of innovations modeling?

elijah wright elw at stderr.org
Sun Sep 12 01:23:01 CEST 2004

howdy.

first off, i realize that this is almost off-topic for this list.  I'm
asking here because I think there might be a couple (business-educated)
folks here who would know the answers.

i'm looking for implementations of algorithms for the modeling of
diffusion of innovations - often studied by folks in marketing
departments.  one particular resource i've seen is Vijay Mahajan's "Models
for Innovation Diffusion", published by Sage press in the 1985/1986
timeframe.

Has anyone done modeling of this kind in R?  enough to have tips or scraps
of code that I could leech?  :)

I'm just not familiar enough with modeling to know where to dig in.  I'd
appreciate any help folks could proffer.

thanks,

--elijah

Indiana University, Bloomington