[R-sig-finance] problem of installing packages

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Jul 27 17:42:45 CEST 2004

    durgadas> Dear Sir, I wanted to use quadratic optimization
    durgadas> package. So I followed the instructions given as
    durgadas> to how to install the package. I then checked if
    durgadas> the package has been installed by using the
    durgadas> command "library()". So the package was installed.

    durgadas> Soon when i started with the examples in the
    durgadas> documentation, I always find it giving the error

    durgadas> Error: couldn't find function "solve.QP"

    durgadas> I don't understand why this is happening.  Please
    durgadas> suggest as early as possible.  Warm regards
    durgadas> durgadas

and what has this to do with R-SIG-finance?

You should really use R-help for asking such questions.

Regards,
Martin Maechler