[R-sig-Fedora] tzdata requirement

Tim Taylor t|m@t@y|or @end|ng |rom h|ddene|eph@nt@@co@uk
Fri Jul 21 00:43:07 CEST 2023

I'm very ignorant of the building of rpms and spec files but should R
have a requirement (both build and run) tzdata? I was exploring the spec
file and couldn't see it mentioned but, AFAICT, it is required unless
you are using the optional bundled data base.

My curiosity was triggered after reading the recent thread on devel
(https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/CRUWIEHISRLYQ5ZLPFSAFJPRTDQQLBO2/)
and then seeing that the related change request was recently approved
(https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/3031).

Apologies for the noise if I'm misunderstanding how things work.

Cheers

Tim