[R-sig-Fedora] R 4.0.0

José Abílio Matos j@m@to@ @end|ng |rom |c@up@pt
Sat May 16 10:25:42 CEST 2020

On Saturday, 16 May 2020 00.38.34 WEST Iñaki Ucar wrote:
> Sorry, but I'm not sure I'm following you. How does having
> /usr/lib64/R/library as system library prevent you from testing
> r-devel?

First the context, we are speaking of srpms.

Use case: you want to test a pre-version of R before it is released and you
want to do it using dnf while not having to de-install the current version,
with all its libraries.

Since the purpose is both to install and test both r-devel and the rpm
packages the goal should be that the spec file should be as close as possible
to the final spec file.

What I am saying is that by experience it is easier to test and adapt a spec
file if only a small number of conditionals are needed to use the current spec
file.
As far as I remember, from Miro's messages in fedora-devel, that is what is
being done in the python packages.
That is also what I have done for other packages, although not a language,
like lyx.

I hope that now it makes sense,
--
José Abílio