[R-sig-Fedora] R 4.0.0 rebuild status

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Mon Jun 29 13:35:35 CEST 2020

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 13:19, José Abílio Matos <jamatos using fc.up.pt> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 24 June 2020 10.42.10 WEST Iñaki Ucar wrote:
> > Thanks, José and Elliott. I can help with reviews.
> >
> > I attach here a list of batches of CRAN packages to be rebuilt in
> > order (batches separated by a blank line), and the script that
> > generates it. Hope it helps.
> >
> > Iñaki
>
> Hi Iñaki,
>   I noticed that you do not have TH.data, that in Fedora corresponds to R-TH-data in your
> results.

Yeah, sorry, that's a kind of bug in my script. I'm using CRAN names,
and I forgot that some RPM packages change those names due to the dot
to adhere to the guidelines. So TH-data is mistakenly dropped.

> I noticed it because multcomp depends on it and the compilation failed because R-TH-data
> was not yet ported.
>
> This questions is mainly directed to you, to Elliot and Tom, should we add to the rpm-
> macros something that puts Provides(R-rname) or since the naming is more or less the
> same we can add manually this for packages for which the R-rname and the Fedora
> package diverge...
>

> So in this case we would add, either directly or automatically,
>
> Provides(R-TH.data)
>
> What do you think?

Now, we have

$ sudo dnf repoquery --provides R-TH-data
R(TH.data) = 1.0-10
R-TH-data = 1.0.10-4.fc3

which is what you are looking for I guess? I should be using that
instead of the RPM package names.

--
Iñaki Úcar