[R-sig-Fedora] R 4.0.0 rebuild status

José Abílio Matos j@m@to@ @end|ng |rom |c@up@pt
Fri Jun 26 12:06:55 CEST 2020

On Friday, 26 June 2020 10.47.13 WEST Iñaki Ucar wrote:
> I used bcond locally and wrongly assumed that fedpkg build would
> support --with BCOND and --without BCOND. Instead, the way to activate
> it is to change to "%bcond_with check" and then revert to
> "%bcond_without check". The only difference with bootstrap is that
> "bootstrap" is recognized and a suffix ~bootstrap can be added
> automatically to the resulting build. So the question is whether we
> want that suffix or not.

AFAIU the issue is that the bootstrap scheme does not requires to bump the
release because with the suffix (~) is considered lower while changing from
"%bcond_with check" to "%bcond_without check" requires to bump the release.

The issue is that koji does not allow 2 builds with the same nvr.

Since we should ensure the upgrade path that also requires to bump the release
number in rawhide before applying it on f32 (in this particular case).

--
José Abílio