[R-sig-Fedora] R 4.0.0 rebuild status

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Tue Jun 23 17:10:07 CEST 2020

On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 at 17:01, José Abílio Matos <jamatos using fc.up.pt> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 23 June 2020 14.01.39 WEST Tom Callaway wrote:
> > At this point, I simply don't have the time.
> >
> > Tom
>
> What needs to be done and how can the work be streamlined?
>
> I asked this since this procedure will happen for other updates (in one year I
> know but time flies).
>
> I am a provenpackager so that I can drive the process.

Great, thanks! :) Basically, we need (correct me if I'm wrong, Tom):

1) A new user side tag.
2) For R, merge master in F32 and send a build to that side tag.
3) For all packages, either merge master into F32 or just increase the
release version and send builds to that side tag *in order*.
4) When everything is built, create an update from that side tag.

I have tooling in my Copr repo to resolve CRAN dependencies and create
a list of lists of builds in order. I can give you that. But note that
Bioc packages (and others) are not included.

--
Iñaki Úcar