[R-sig-Fedora] R (language) + install.packages("DMwR") :

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Fri Feb 7 10:14:50 CET 2020

On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 at 00:30, Orlando Ramirez <orlandomontreal using yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi:please i am working on fedora 31, then i installed R (language), and i want to install a R package ("DMwR"), but i get these warning messages ...:
>
> The downloaded source packages are in
>     ‘/tmp/RtmpCBUyte/downloaded_packages’
> Updating HTML index of packages in '.Library'
> Making 'packages.html' ... done
> Warning messages:
> 1: In install.packages("DMwR") :
>   installation of package ‘curl’ had non-zero exit status
> 2: In install.packages("DMwR") :
>   installation of package ‘TTR’ had non-zero exit status
> 3: In install.packages("DMwR") :
>   installation of package ‘quantmod’ had non-zero exit status
> 4: In install.packages("DMwR") :
>   installation of package ‘DMwR’ had non-zero exit status
>
> i tried to install the packages  ‘curl’ ,  ‘TTR’,  and ‘quantmod’ but i got error all time...could you help me...thanks

Did you take a look at the error message when you try to install curl?
This is because all these packages depend on curl, which in turn
requires curl-devel. You may install curl-devel in your system and
then try again.

Yet another posibility now for you is:

sudo dnf copr enable iucar/cran
sudo dnf install R-CRAN-DMwR

That's a Fedora repo I maintain with nearly 15k CRAN packages. Not the
entire CRAN, but close enough.

Iñaki