[R-sig-Fedora] CentOS 7 issues with pdf manual / tex conversion

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Wed May 30 22:18:50 CEST 2018

On 30 May 2018 at 11:10, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| Tom,
|
| On 30 May 2018 at 11:34, Tom Callaway wrote:
| | On 05/29/2018 04:53 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| | > I noticed it with a local, not-public package -- but it appears to apply with
| | > any source package. I replicated with pkgKitten straight off CRAN and after
| | > checking that it has a six page manual there.
| |
| | I'm having trouble reproducing this one. In my fresh CentOS 7 VM, I can
| | pull the pkgKitten source down, and run R CMD Rd2pdf pkgKitten without
| | issue:
|
| Thank you. That is the expected behaviour and also what I see on Ubuntu /
| Debian. We may be missing a font metrics or font package.  Will check
| locally.

Weird. We have the exact same packages, yet mine bonk.  I wonder what else
could be going on.  Maybe it is write permission on the cache font metrics or
something like that...

Dirk