[R-sig-Fedora] CentOS 7 issues with pdf manual / tex conversion

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Tue May 29 22:53:42 CEST 2018

On 29 May 2018 at 16:37, R P Herrold wrote:
| On Tue, 29 May 2018, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
|
| > On a CentOS 7 machine, I am at a loss with respect to an inability to run a
| > full R CMD check as anything involving tex files ends in tears.
|
| Hi, Dirk
|
| Have fun at the upcoming conference at UIC
|
| I seem to have 56 font packages installed under CentOS 7
| locally, but then I work pretty carefully to cull them down
|
| What is the specific 'leaf node' package you are trying to

I noticed it with a local, not-public package -- but it appears to apply with
any source package. I replicated with pkgKitten straight off CRAN and after
checking that it has a six page manual there.  Here, I get an aborted (!!)
source file, same happens with the local, non-public package:

\documentclass[a4paper]{book}
\usepackage[times,hyper]{Rd}
\usepackage{makeidx}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} % @SET ENCODING@
% \usepackage{graphicx} % @USE GRAPHICX@
\makeindex{}
\begin{document}
\chapter*{}
\begin{center}
{\textbf{\huge \R{} documentation}} \par\bigskip{{\Large of \file{pkgKitten\_0.1.4.tar.gz}}}
\par\bigskip{\large \today}
\end{center}

Note that it ends on \end{center}, not \end{document}.

Dirk