[R-sig-Fedora] CentOS 7 issues with pdf manual / tex conversion

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Thu Jun 14 20:33:34 CEST 2018

On 30 May 2018 at 15:18, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| On 30 May 2018 at 11:10, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| |
| | Tom,
| |
| | |
| | | I'm having trouble reproducing this one. In my fresh CentOS 7 VM, I can
| | | pull the pkgKitten source down, and run R CMD Rd2pdf pkgKitten without
| | | issue:
| |
| | Thank you. That is the expected behaviour and also what I see on Ubuntu /
| | Debian. We may be missing a font metrics or font package.  Will check
| | locally.
|
| Weird. We have the exact same packages, yet mine bonk.  I wonder what else
| could be going on.  Maybe it is write permission on the cache font metrics or
| something like that...

I let this rest but just got tired of it and looked closer.  It barks over a
line like this

\HeaderA{testPkg-package}{What the package does (short line)}{testPkg.Rdash.package}

so it does seem like an R problem as opposed to a CentOS problem, or maybe
somewhere in between.  Still strange that nobody else is being bitten by this.

Dirk