[R-sig-Fedora] R 3.4.0 RPMS

Martyn Plummer plummerm at iarc.fr
Thu May 11 18:37:41 CEST 2017

Dear Tom,

I see that RPMS for R 3.4.0 are not successfully built on Fedora, nor
on RHEL 7.

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1230

When I build with mock on Fedora 25 I also get a build failure. R is
not able to establish the time zone inside the chroot and this triggers
a regression tests which is new in R 3.4.0. Specifically, in file
tests/reg-tests-1d.R this test fails:

## PR#17186 - Sys.timezone() on some Debian-derived platforms
(S.t <- Sys.timezone())
if(is.na(S.t) || !nzchar(S.t)) stop("could not get timezone")
## has been NA_character_  in Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS

The work-around is to set the environment variable TZ to any non-empty
string before running make check, in the %check section of the SPEC
file, e.g.

TZ="Europe/Paris" make check

best regards
Martyn