[R-sig-Fedora] RHEL6.5 cluster system library and home library

Hamidi, Bashir hamidib at musc.edu
Fri Jun 23 18:06:55 CEST 2017

Much thanks to Martyn. Setting CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS resolved my issue.

System admin was messaged last week and this week and kindly asked for assistance and cooperation. I have yet to hear back or see any changes.

On 6/23/17, 11:33 AM, "Martyn Plummer" <plummerm at iarc.fr> wrote:

    On Fri, 2017-06-23 at 14:41 +0000, Hamidi, Bashir wrote:
    > System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago)
    >
    > I’m working on a RHEL6.5 cluster with no EPEL or root access to
    > install EPEL.

    Can't you talk to your system administrator?

    > I have installed zlib 1.2.11 (and other necessary libraries) in my
    > home directory.
    > Problem is the cluster has an older zlib library (1.2.4) and R does
    > not accept that. How can I force configure to look in my
    > home/[username]/packages/lib for zlib?
    >

    > [username at hpcc3 R-3.4.0]$ ./configure --
    > prefix=/home/[username]/packages --with-x=no --with-readline=no --
    > includedir=/home/[username]/packages/include
    > –libdir=/home/[username]/packages/lib

    Set environment variables:

    CPPFLAGS=-I<includedir> \
    LDFLAGS=-L<libdir> \