[R-sig-Fedora] Install R on Redhat EL6.5 without internet - issue

Shankar Pandey shankarpandey123 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 14:14:14 CET 2017

Hi All,

Sorry if this email does not concern you, but I needed help to install R
and R-Studio on a Redhat Linux Enterprise Server WITHOUT Internet
connection.

I have a Mac and can scp rpm packages to the RedHat server.
I have gone through almost all of the options that google returned but none
helped me.

Even after installing the EPEL package, i get the following error :
"Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: HDP-2.3.
Please verify its path and try again "

I can see that the EPEL package did install on the server but the YUM
command is not able to find the EPEL repo.

Can someone please help as this is really urgent. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shankar