[R-sig-Fedora] html manual files nonfunctional

joe cypherpunk jcyph3r at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 16:38:47 CET 2016

R help.start() opens a web browser as expected, but the “Manual” html links
are dead (although the “Reference” and “Miscellaneous Materials” html links
do work).  I get a similar problem from within RStudio.

I’d like to get pointy-clicky html manuals working, to help migrate users
from SAS to R.

I do see R manuals on this system from the EPEL R rpm's in info and pdf
form, for example at /usr/share/info/R-intro.gz and
/usr/share/doc/R-3.2.3/manual/R-intro-pdf

I’m running R-3.2.3, installed from EPEL rpm’s on RHEL6.7.