[R-sig-Fedora] rstan warning messages

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 15:52:40 CET 2016

On 02/03/2016 09:33 AM, Patrick, Larry B [CSSM] wrote:
> I didn't have any libgfortran files in /usr/lib so I did that soft link. Maybe something didn't fully install or configure. I have inherited this machine from another admin and it is not a fresh installation.

So, here's oddity number one:

You're clearly on an x86_64 system, which should store (and look for)
all libraries in /usr/lib64. /usr/lib should only be used for 32bit
libraries.

Are you trying to build R and components for i686 rather than x86_64?

Was R built from source on that system?

~tom

==
Red Hat