[R-sig-Fedora] Cannot Run On The Command Line

virgo cireyapmin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 12:17:42 CEST 2016

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 08:23:32 +0000
Martyn Plummer <plummerm at iarc.fr> wrote:

> From: Martyn Plummer <plummerm at iarc.fr>
> To: "cireyapmin at gmail.com" <cireyapmin at gmail.com>,
> "r-sig-fedora at r-project.org" <r-sig-fedora at r-project.org> Subject:
> Re: [R-sig-Fedora] Cannot Run On The Command Line Date: Thu, 21 Apr
> 2016 08:23:32 +0000
>
> Anyway, to address your question I am on FC23 and have no problem with
> the java JDK available from the Fedora repository (Current version
> 1.8.0_77). I suggest you use that and not the Oracle one.
>
> Martyn
There isn't any issue anymore, the error was related to lack of
permissions.

# stat /usr/lib64/R/etc/ldpaths
  File: ‘/usr/lib64/R/etc/ldpaths’
  Size: 611       	Blocks: 8          IO Block: 4096   regular
file Device: fd00h/64768d	Inode: 13762870    Links: 1
Access: (0600/-rw-------)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/    root)
Context: unconfined_u:object_r:lib_t:s0

# chmod go+r /usr/lib64/R/etc/ldpaths

$ R --quiet

I don't know how and why the root's group and others lost read access to
that ldpaths file after R CMD javareconf-iguring, but at least the R
session is back and that is enough for me.

Sorry for the noise, if any.