[R-sig-Fedora] Build rpm package for R-MKL

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 12:16:00 CEST 2015

I want to create a clean .rpm package for R built with MKL and ICC. I
follow Fedora instrcutions[0] to create the package. As a base, I use
the R-3.2.2.src.rpm.

I am left with this error:

installing R info pages ...
updating '/usr/share/info/dir' ...
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/poisonivy/rpmbuild/BUILD/R-3.2.2/doc/manual'
+ mv doc/manual/R-exts.texi.spot doc/manual/R-exts.texi
mv: cannot stat 'doc/manual/R-exts.texi.spot': No such file or directory
---------------------------------------

There is indeed no doc/manual/R-exts.texi.spot file. This make
instruction comes form this in R.spec:

---------
%if 0%{?fedora} >= 19
# What a hack.
# Current texinfo doesn't like @eqn. Use @math instead where stuff breaks.
cp doc/manual/R-exts.texi doc/manual/R-exts.texi.spot
cp doc/manual/R-intro.texi doc/manual/R-intro.texi.spot
sed -i 's|@eqn|@math|g' doc/manual/R-exts.texi
sed -i 's|@eqn|@math|g' doc/manual/R-intro.texi
%endif

# And now, undo the hack. :P
%if 0%{?fedora} >= 19
mv doc/manual/R-exts.texi.spot doc/manual/R-exts.texi
mv doc/manual/R-intro.texi.spot doc/manual/R-intro.texi
%endif

How can I solve this issue? Maybe remove the hack?
I will post configure and make options if needed.

Thank you for hints.

[0]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package
--

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx