[R-sig-Fedora] [R] Building R-3.2.0 from source.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Mon May 11 02:06:41 CEST 2015

1. R 3.2.0 is packaged for Fedora now; it's in Rawhide and Fedora 22.
I'm running Fedora 22 (late beta) and haven't had any problems with R.
RStudio Desktop Preview (0.99.435) from the RStudio Fedora RPM is also
running fine. You might save yourself some hassles by upgrading to
Fedora 22.
2. I have a bash script to build R from source that works on Fedora
22. It probably also works on Fedora 21 but it's been a while since I
tried it. Note that it installs 'calibre' and makes the ebooks of the
manuals. It also does some packaging things at the end you probably
don't need.