[R-sig-Fedora] Centos / Fedora rpm - issue with openblas

Martyn Plummer plummerm at iarc.fr
Mon Jun 16 12:49:36 CEST 2014

This is a change in the way that the RPM is built. The RPM for R 3.1.0
does not build its own blas and lapack libraries, but links directly to
external blas and lapack provided by Fedora.  This means that you can no
longer swap out libRblas.so by replacing it with a symbolic link to
openblas.

If you really want openblas then you should install R from source using
the configure option --with-blas="openblas" (Recall that you need to
install the openblas-devel RPM).

Martyn