[R-sig-Fedora] Nonexistent include directory "/usr/lib/gfortran/modules"

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Sun Apr 20 03:27:26 CEST 2014

Hi,

If you are installing to default system-wide locations, you will need to be SU/root in order to have the requisite privileges. If you try to install as a regular user, you will need to define alternative target locations for the library tree within your username tree.

As with Peter, it has been some time since I have used Fedora. Going on about 5 years at this point.

The confounding issue here may be that there are various iterations of the lme4 package in the wild and there may be some subtleties in the installation process. There is a README file here:

  http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/lme4/README.html

It is also possible that you may need to use:

  install.packages('lme4', dependencies = TRUE)

in order to bring in various dependencies for the package during installation.

You may also be best served posting to the R-SIG-Mixed-Models list:

where the maintainers of lme4 tend to be located. Even though this appears to be a Fedora issue, it may be in reality an lme4 issue.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz