[R-sig-Fedora] RJAGS Installation Issues

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Wed Apr 2 22:48:47 CEST 2014

On Apr 2, 2014, at 3:05 PM, Eric Kaufmann <kaufmann at slu.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install rjags on R 3.0.0 that is running on CentOS 6.4. Jags
> is installed and seems to be working correctly.
>
> I get the following error when trying to install from source or CRAN,
>
> configure: error: "Problem with header file /usr/include/JAGS/Console.h "
> See `config.log' for more details
>
> JAGS was intalled with an rpm. Does not look like the rpm included
> Console.h The package has the following contents:
>
> *Content of RPM :*
> /usr/bin/jags
> /usr/lib64/JAGS
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/basemod.la
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/basemod.so
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/bugs.la
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/bugs.so
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/dic.la
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/dic.so
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/glm.la
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/glm.so
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/lecuyer.la
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/lecuyer.so
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/mix.la
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/mix.so
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/msm.la
> /usr/lib64/JAGS/modules-2.2.0/msm.so
> /usr/lib64/libjags.la
> /usr/lib64/libjags.so.2
> /usr/lib64/libjags.so.2.0.2
> /usr/lib64/libjrmath.la
> /usr/lib64/libjrmath.so.0
> /usr/lib64/libjrmath.so.0.0.0
> /usr/libexec/jags-terminal
> /usr/share/man/man1/jags<http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/45/idpl/21879959/numer/1/nazwa/jags>
> .1.gz

Hi Eric,

It occurs to me, did you install the 'jags-devel' RPM along with the jags RPM?

Header and other files to facilitate local compilation would typically be installed in the 'xxx-devel' RPM for the relevant binary package RPM.

It looks like you used rpm.pbone.net and they do have the jags-devel RPM there:

  http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/21879958/dir/centos_6/com/jags-devel-1.0.4-7.3.x86_64.rpm.html

Checking the RPM content, Console.h is listed there.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz