[R-sig-Fedora] R 3.0; want to try again?

Allen S. Rout asr at ufl.edu
Wed Mar 27 21:56:25 CET 2013

So with a major new version of R coming along, it seems like a
reasonable point at which to try to pick up the "Let's make a CRAN repo
for the red-hat-like folks!" task again.

The last time I tried to download Pierre-Yves' package, I couldn't get
it to run in RHEL5.8; I went down a rabbit hole trying to make changes
for my own use.  Eventually, I simply failed.

I'd love to be able to pick this up, serve my local customers, and have
the work actually useful to the larger community...

- Allen S. Rout