[R-sig-Fedora] Problem with X11 fonts under Fedora 17.

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 22:32:24 CET 2013

On Jan 13, 2013, at 21:52 , Rolf Turner wrote:

> I am getting frantic.  Is there no-one out there who can give me a clue as to how
> to resolve this problem?  Basically my system is now warped into a state in which
> I cannot plot on-screen --- at least I cannot get *any* textual annotation in on-screen
> plots.  Which makes the whole schmear pretty useless.  I am at my wits end.
>
>    "cheers",
>
>        Rolf

I'd try "yum install R" to see whether that pulls in something essential, possibly followed by a reboot... And of course try whether the Fedora's R runs better than the self-compiled one.

If push comes to shove: Plot to pdf and use a viewer (I assume that such things do work on  your system?)

By the way, does xfontsel work? Check whether -adobe-helvetica-....etc.... is selectable.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com