[R-sig-Fedora] Trying to use current R2spec on RHEL.

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Tue Mar 13 00:28:51 CET 2012

On Mar 12, 2012, at 3:49 PM, Allen S. Rout wrote:

> On 03/12/2012 04:32 PM, Marc Schwartz wrote:
>>

>> Otherwise known as "RPM Hell", which is why years ago, Fedora and RH moved to 'yum' as the default package manager, since yum handles all of the dependencies... :-)
>>

> Yes; but   <grumble> I don't want to install EPEL wholesale; we try to manage which packages we pull into our locally maintained repos.    What I want to do is make a new set of CRAN-based packages.   </grumble>
>
> So, having pulled R2spec 4.1.0-1.el5 into my rhel5.5 system,
>

> -bash-3.2$ R2spec --help
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/bin/R2spec", line 26, in ?
>    PARSER = setup_parser('R2spec')
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/r2spec/r2spec_obj.py", line 54, in setup_parser
>    version='%(prog)s ' +VERSION)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/argparse.py", line 1264, in add_argument
>    action = action_class(**kwargs)
> TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'version'
>

> - Allen S. Rout

Allen,

You seem to have a special need which is perhaps not satisfied by the default RPM build of the package, given the additional dependencies. You might review:

  https://fedorahosted.org/r2spec/

for additional installation scenarios. If that is not helpful, I would suggest that you directly contact the R2spec package maintainer for specific assistance. That appears to be Pierre-Yves (pingou at pingoured.fr).

Marc