[R-sig-Fedora] install warning on fedora 16

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 23:01:46 CET 2012

On 12/24/2011 10:39 PM, Mark Leeds wrote:
> Does anyone know what the problem might be ? Maybe a difference with gcc ?
> It's only a warning but it scares me a little because the variables should
> be getting used contrary to what the warning says.
> Thanks a lot for any hints/suggestions.

Well, I can't find the source code to be sure, but the gcc in F16 is
newer than the ones before it, and each new gcc is usually stricter
about std compliance than the one before. In addition, -std=gnu99 is
being passed as an optflag, which may result in these warnings when they
would not otherwise.

I would look very closely at those variables and be sure there is not a
logic path where they are set but not actually used.

~tom

==
Fedora Project