[R-sig-Fedora] License of the nutshell package

Pai mkpai at redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 08:31:25 CET 2011

Hello Ed,

> >The audioscrobbler data is made avaialable under the following Creative
> >Commons license:
> >
> >	http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/1.0/
>
> That's 'non-commercial use only' so not suitable for Fedora.  You would
> need
> to strip out this data.  You might ask the upstream project if they'd
> put it in a separate distribution themselves.

The nutshell package contains data and programs that accompany an O'Reilly
book called "R in a nutshell". I think they'll be unwilling to create
a separate package just for a subset of the data - especially because
the book asks the reader to install packages via install.packages route.

I take this to mean that R-nutshell is not appropriate for Fedora :(

Thanks for the prompt reply to a newbie.

Regards,
-- Pai