[R-sig-Fedora] R 2.12?

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:02:19 CET 2010

On Nov 8, 2010, at 10:23 , Michael Hannon wrote:

> Greetings.  I understand that R 2.12 has been available for about three weeks,
> but I haven't seen a Fedora version yet.  Can anybody tell me the status?  I'm
> getting some pressure to install the new version from source, but I much prefer
> to use yum if I can.

It is currently in updates-testing (since Nov.3), reaching ordinary updates after 14 days unless someone updates the "Karma" quicker than that. The Karma is now at 2 needs just one more vote.

See the note from November 2 on this list from Tom "spot" Callaway for details.

(Yes, this is taking its time, due to "red tape" in Fedora plus the workload on the maintainer I suppose.)