[R-sig-Fedora] R installation on Fedora 12

Dennis.Burian at faa.gov Dennis.Burian at faa.gov
Sat Apr 17 00:59:40 CEST 2010

I am migrating from 64-bit RHEL 5 to 64-bit Fedora 12 and I'm getting the
following error when I run ./configure in the directory R-2.10.1...

checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking X11/Intrinsic.h usability... no
checking X11/Intrinsic.h presence... no
checking for X11/Intrinsic.h... no
configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not
available

I've used yum search to look for X11 packages and on the key word Intrinsic
without seeing something obvious.  Which package do I need to install to
get past this error?

Thanks

Dennis Burian, Ph.D.
Functional Genomics Group
Civil Aerospace Medical Institute, AAM-610
6500 S. MacArthur Blvd.
Oklahoma City OK  73169
405-954-6087
dennis.burian at faa.gov