[R-sig-Fedora] R: error while loading shared libraries: libRblas.so:

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Mon Sep 14 18:21:22 CEST 2009

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 17:24:17 +0530 (IST) shanmukha patel
<shanmukh_pes at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

SP>       I am trying to debug R on fedora9.0. When I use gdb to debug

Fedora is currently at No. 11 so your Fedora is slightly out of date

SP> R-1.9.2, I am getting the error "R: error while loading shared

I hope that 1.9.2 was a typo otherwise R would be terribly out of date
since currently it is at 2.9.2

SP> libraries: libRblas.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
SP> file or directory" "Program exited with code 0177. Missing separate
SP> debuginfos, use: debuginfo-install glibc.i686"

Have you tried the latter? I mean:
debuginfo-install glibc.i686

Then why do you debug? Did R not install? Have you failed compiling
packages?

Stefan