[R-sig-Fedora] svmpath

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Thu Jan 29 14:52:21 CET 2009

on 01/29/2009 07:36 AM subhajit dutta wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>              I cannot install package "svmpath" on R 2.8.1 on Redhat Linux
> .In fact I cannot install package externally.I am new to Linux so it would
> be of great help if you all can help me out.
>
> Regards,
> Subhajit.

You are going to need to provide more information.

1. Which version of RH Linux?

2. Do you have 'root' or Administrative privileges on the system?

3. What have you done so far to attempt to install the package?

4. Have you read the relevant section of the R Admin Manual:

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Add_002don-packages

5. Have you read the relevant section of the FAQ:

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#How-can-add_002don-packages-be-installed_003f

With more information from you, we can provide more competent support to
you.

Marc Schwartz