[R-sig-Fedora] R 2.7.2

Martyn Plummer plummer at iarc.fr
Tue Sep 2 17:44:34 CEST 2008

Thanks Spot.  The updates are still languishing in pending.  I am
wondering about ways we can speed up the availability of R on Fedora.

Firstly, isn't there a good case for pushing patch releases (x.y.z with
z>=1) directly to stable?  Minor releases only contain fixes for serious
problems.  The developer guidelines are very explicit:

http://developer.r-project.org/devel-guidelines.txt

Alternatively, can we start the peer review process earlier? The release
procedures stipulate that binary maintainers of R should start releasing
binary builds at code freeze (T-7), or even at grand feature freeze for
major releases (T-28).

http://developer.r-project.org/release-checklist.html

Is there some way we can exploit this window of opportunity? I am happy
to publish release candidate builds of R via CRAN, working with the
current Fedora spec file.

Martyn