[R-sig-Epi] ONLINE COURSE – Multivariate Analysis Of Ecological Communities Using R With The VEGAN package (VGNR05) This course will be delivered live

Oliver Hooker o||verhooker @end|ng |rom pr@t@t|@t|c@@com
Tue Aug 29 18:18:52 CEST 2023

ONLINE COURSE – Multivariate Analysis Of Ecological Communities Using R
With The VEGAN package (VGNR05) This course will be delivered live

https://www.prstatistics.com/course/multivariate-analysis-of-ecological-communities-using-r-with-the-vegan-package-vgnr05/

Monday 18th September 2023

Please feel free to share!

ABOUT THIS COURSE...

This 5-day course will cover R concepts, methods, and tools that can be
used to analyze community ecology data. The course will review data
processing techniques relevant to multivariate data sets. We will cover
diversity indices, distance measures and distance-based multivariate
methods, clustering, classification and ordination techniques using the R
package VEGAN. We will use real-world empirical data sets to motivate
analyses, such as describing patterns along gradients of environ-mental or
anthropogenic disturbances, quantifying the effects of continuous and
discrete predictors. We will emphasise visualisation and reproducible
workflows as well as good programming practices. The modules will consist
of introductory lectures, guided computer coding, and participant
exercises. The course is intended for intermediate users of R who are
interested in community ecology, particularly in the areas of terrestrial
and wetland ecology, microbial ecology, and natural resource management.
You are strongly encouraged to use your own data sets (they should be clean
and already structured, see the document: “recommendation if you
participate with your data”.

Please email oliverhooker using prstatistics.com with any questions.

--

Oliver Hooker PhD.
PR statistics

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]