[R-sig-Epi] Anyone know of a good factors analysis library for R?

Ralf Finne Ralf.Finne at novia.fi
Tue May 25 13:59:46 CEST 2010

Dear Steven,

You find the classical Factor Analysis in
factanal in the package "stats".

FA is found also in other packages.

If you want Confirmative Factor Analysis
you find it as a subset of sem in the "sem" package.

Good luck.

Ralf Finne
Novia University of Applied Sciences.
Finland.

>>> Steven Lembark <lembark at wrkhors.com> 24.05.10 22:03 >>>

Trying to separatey correlate the regions of HIV-1's gp120
with neutralization data. I have comparison matrixes for
the sequences and cross-clade neutralization data. My guess
is that analyzing in the individual regions will give us
better correlation with the neutralization data, but at
this point cannot find a good package for analyzing the
similarity matrixes.

The inputs inlcude a square matrixes of comparisons between
each clade for each region and cross-clade antibody responses.

What I need is a level of correlation between the neutralization
data and the similarity matrixes.

Searching CRAN for "factors analysis", "cross clade", and
"corretion model" in various combinations hadn't gotten me
anything that looks relevant.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanx

--
Steven Lembark                                          85-09 90th St.
Workhorse Computing                               Woodhaven, NY, 11421