[R-sig-Epi] random-effects modeling

BXC (Bendix Carstensen) bxc at steno.dk
Tue Aug 17 07:57:46 CEST 2010

You would not use a Poisson distribution, you would use a binomial, since the number of positives is not in (0,\inf) but in (0,broilers).

So you would de a random-effects logistic regression.
I guess an attractive approach would be to use the MCMCglmm package that will do this sort of model using an MCMC approach.

Best regards,
Bendix Carstensen

,"FC","FC"), flock=c("a","b","c","d","e","f","g","h","i"), > broilers=c(50, rep(25,8)), positives=c(7,2,0,7,2,0,0,5,2))