[R-sig-Epi] Converting dates from the Persian calendar to Gregorian

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Thu Jan 8 08:21:46 CET 2009

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Amy Mikhail wrote:

> Forgive my ignorance on this, I have windows XP, so how do I get started -
> have not sourced code before in R so do I just copy all the files in the
> below directory to my R library and then source convdates.R from there or?

Unfortunately it's a bit more complicated than that.  The C code needs to be compiled. If you have never used C then you *so* do not want to set this up under Windows.

It sounds as though a package is needed (since then Uwe Ligges' autobuilder will build it for you).  I will make a package.   At least I can use this as an example in teaching R.

      -thoams