[R-sig-Epi] FW: Converting dates from the Persian calendar to Gregorian

Peter Dalgaard P.Dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Jan 7 14:52:33 CET 2009

BXC (Bendix Carstensen) wrote:

> [...]

briefly it seems to be more of a text editor than a database type
program, also although it converts from gregorian to other calendars,
I'm not sure if it converts in the opposite direction.

Emacs does many things...

The opposite direction is "g p" calendar-goto-persian-date.

See also

http://emr.cs.iit.edu/~reingold/calendars.shtml

with links to the conversion codes in Common LISP and C++