[R-sig-Epi] Epidemiology Task View

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Nov 24 05:51:39 CET 2008

Dear EpidemiRogists;

" ... this I now have the following categories with suggested
packages...

Case-Control : Epi, epiR epibasic, epicalc, epitools
Cohort : Epi epiR, epibasic epicalc epitools
Incidence/Mortality :
Demography : demogR   "

I notice that there were no suggested entries for Incidence/Mortality.
I would have thought that glm (for Poisson regression), survival, and
Harrell's Design/Hmisc packages would fit there, although I also saw
that there are also plans for a cross-reference to the Survival Task
View. I do not see a problem in having some overlap with other Task
Views at least in "obvious" slots.

I have also notice that analysis of ROC curves comes up in r-help
fairly commonly. I am not a big fan of these and do not have any
recommendations to propose as a result, but maybe some notice of the
potential problems could surround references to packages that offer
that desired facility?

--
David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Labs