[R-sig-Epi] Epi 1.0.7 now out

Peter Dalgaard P.Dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Jan 15 18:48:58 CET 2008

BXC (Bendix Carstensen) wrote:
> Note that the old Lexis()-function (by David Clayton) is dead. It is
> still in the package, but now under the name W.Lexis(). Its
> functionality, splitting follow-up time, is taken over by
> splitLexis().

W.Lexis? I take it that this implies that it is now as dead as William
Lexis, and as GF Parrot, Primo Rectori Universitatis Dorpatensis?

It's not pinin'! It's passed on! This function is no more! It has ceased
to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of
life,  it  rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the perch it'd be
pushing up the daisies! Its metabolic processes are now 'istory! It's
off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off 'is mortal coil,
run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS
AN EX-FUNCTION!!

Ahem.

Sorry, couldn't help it....