[R-sig-Epi] Load package "car"

Tim Churches tchur at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 29 23:13:20 CEST 2006

Mayelin Mirabal Sosa wrote:
> Dear all, I need to perform a Levene´s test for homogeneity of variances in
> R (levene.test {car}). I installed a package "car" but, when I load it, two
> errors are reported:  1. Error in lazyLoadDBfetch(key, datafile, compressed,
> envhook) : ReadItem: unknown type 241 2. Error: package/namespace load
> failed for 'car' If anyone has encountered this problem before I would be
> happy to hear a solution.Thanks in anticipation,Mayelin

I think you have a better probability of receiving an answer quickly if
you post your question to the general R-help list, but please read the
'R posting guide" at http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html and
follow its recommendations precisely. If you do that, you are very
likely to get a friendly and very helpful reply very quickly. However,
if you ignore the posting guide recommendations you will probably
receive a curt and irritated reply which may not answer your question.
In particular, be sure to specify your computer's operating system and
the version of R and the car package you are using.

Tim C