[R-sig-eco] Estimated Dependent Variable regression/glm

Roy Averill-Murray roy@verillmurr@y @ending from gm@il@com
Sun Jan 13 19:50:49 CET 2019

How does one estimate beta parameters and appropriate SEs when the
dependent variable consists of estimated values with known variances? My
case involves modeling factors affecting animal home ranges that were
estimated separately (i.e., individual home ranges are the dependent
variable, each of which has its own variance, and are modeled against
factors such as sex/age). I found the paper by Lewis and Linzer (2005.
Estimating regression models in which the dependent variable is based on
estimates. Political Analysis 13:345-364), which describes feasible
generalized least squares, but I have been unable to find R code for this
or a description of how to apply it in gl(m)m.

Thanks for any help,
Roy Averill-Murray