[R-sig-eco] 2-way adonis (PERMANOVA) incl interaction - how to test for main effects?

Gian Maria Niccolò Benucci gi@n@benucci @ending from gm@il@com
Tue Oct 23 02:14:53 CEST 2018

Hello all,

thank you for the interesting discussion on the topic. I have an additional
question that i thought would worth to ask directly here instead of opening
a new thread for it. How sensitive is adonis() to differences in sample
numbers of the groups I am comparing? To be more precise, I am trying to
compare the microbial communities in 3 groups of samples (my treatments)
and they have 22, 24, and 24 samples each. I have always thought that an
even design would have been the rule but I found several comments online
that made are confounding.

Thank you for your help!

Gian