[R-sig-eco] 2-way adonis (PERMANOVA) incl interaction - how to test for main effects?

Torsten Hauffe tor@ten@h@uffe @ending from gm@il@com
Tue Oct 16 10:23:44 CEST 2018

 "adonis2(speciesdataset~A*B, by="margin") but then only the effect of the
interaction is tested."

This is not entirely correct.
adonis2(speciesdataset~A:B, by="margin") would test the interaction alone.
~A*B unfolds to ~A+B+A:B