[R-sig-eco] Help with model selection

Bob OHara bob.ohara at ntnu.no
Fri Mar 16 10:04:59 CET 2018

The design is good. But the details will matter. I think the best advice
I can offer is to seek advice! Your university has a consulting service:
http://www.stat.ualberta.ca/~tcc/#home, and I think half an hour with
them looking at your data with you will help a lot.

You have a multivariate response, so a MANOVA is probably needed. The
full (horrible) model you have is

Time*Treatment*Moisture/Site/Tree

where Time is before/after, and Treatment is the inoculation. Hopefully
you can remove some of the interactions: the Time*Treatment*Moisture
terms are important, so you would hope that the interactions with Tree
and Site don't matter.

Tree should probably be a random effect, although it is less important
her because your design is good.

I think giving more advice than this would require some poking around
the data, but I hope this is a help.

Bob