[R-sig-eco] repeated measures ANOVA and PERMANOVA (does it exist?)

David Barfknecht dfbarfknecht at outlook.com
Tue Jan 23 22:33:17 CET 2018

Hello all,

I am currently working on a project that uses species occurrence data (0/1) to construct an NMDS ordination where some points are the same location but through time (10 locations X 3 survey times = 30 observations). I want to use ANOSIM and PERMANOVA to look at both individual locations controlling for time and all survey periods controlling for location. Basically, I want to look at location and times as separate factors.  I am curious if anyone have ever had to write a script for repeated measures ANOSIM and/or PERMANOVA. I am aware of how to do the unrepeated measures version of these in the vegan package, but not repeated measures versions. Any suggestions?

If not, are there other methods more appropriate to investigate this?

Thank you in advance for any advice.